Thursday, December 15, 2005

An Explanation

Earlier today, I was harangued by "D." "Cap'n Action" Grimm about my lack of posts since October and I thought my loyal viewers deserved an explanation (even you, homeless, Internet-cafe dwelling, greasy-haired, pirate-lookin' guy with shingles). It follows:

NOVEMBER IS A COMMUNIST!

That's right, people. November's a goddamn kitten humping pinko bastard. Just look at what November does to the trees:


I bet that tree wishes it was in China... poor misled sprite... It had such a shining democratic future ahead of it before it was taken in by November's communist ploys... promises of universal health care and social equity coursing through its now-vermillion* lifeblood.

Let this be a lesson to you, children. You may have to endure your share of hanging-chads, but eventually democracy will prevail. Jesus wanted it that way. And remember, a red heart is no good without the whites of your eyes to lead it and the blue of the sky to contain it.

*Vermillion is a fancy word for red, you uncultured swine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw common, they look pretty red! ;-) PEACE

Doug said...

As a former English major (yep, that was a prudent career choice), I am obligated--and believe me, I take no joy in this, nor do I really want to do so--to suggest that perhaps you meant "...coursing through its now-vermillion* lifeblood" (no apostrophe in "its" as I doubt you intended to contract "it is"). However, it's the 21st century and nobody gives a rat's ass about this stuff anyway. That may be due to the lack of available rodent backsides; I mean, really, when was the last time you saw one of those? (Don't answer that--I see you're in college. Probably this afternoon. I digress.)

Hmm. This is undoubtedly why I don't get invited to parties. Thus, if I may offer my most heartfelt advice: Fuck grammar.

In L.A. the trees don't turn colors, so we don't have these problems.

Keep up the good work, however you choose to interpret that.